- Giving possibility to Action Members to visit other Action Members to fulfill the STSM objective
- Estimated average duration of a single STSM: 7-14 days
- Recommended transportation cost per participant: 380 EUR
- Recommended total reimbursement per participant including transportation cost: around 1680 EUR per STSM
- Number of STSMs offered: around 8 STSMs (up to the amount of the available remaining funds allocated to RECODIS Action in the current Grant Period: May 1, 2018-April 30, 2019)
Extended 9th STSM Period dates:
- Submission Deadline: April 15, 2019
- Acceptance notification: 3 working days after submission,
- STSM implementation period: April 2019 (start: no sooner than 7 days after submission of an STSM proposal)
Proposals of STSM related to:
- preparation of chapters of the Action final book,
- hosting the STSM by researchers affiliated with telecom operators/network equipment vendors (as STSM Hosts)
would be highly recommended.
Additional rules of Extended 9th Call for STSMs:
STSM Call can be terminated earlier than on April 15, 2019, if the funds allocated to the accepted STSM proposals approach the limit of the available funds for this extended call.
The general rules of STSMs are defined by the COST regulations and included in COST Vademecum.
- Obtain the email agreement of the Host institution on the possibility to implement the STSM on a given title and dates.
- Complete the online application form at https://e-services.cost.eu/stsm including: STSM title, dates, applicant’s details and bank details, financial data for travel and subsistence expenses, Workplan Summary (also including planned outcomes). In the online application form, provide information on the relevant Working Group (what is the RECOIDIS WG your application is related with). The STSM form should provide specific information on the expected results (i.e., a clear set of targeted technical outcomes).
While prepering your online application, please observe rules provided in STSM userguide.
- Once STSM form is completed, download the form and send as email attachment to Host institution and STSM coordinator (Krzysztof Walkowiak -). The email should also include the following documents: CV, list of publications, recommendation letter from Home institution, and agreement of the Host institution on the possibility to implement the STSM.
- STSM coordinator organizes assessment of the STSM proposal together with a leader of the particular WG.
- If approved, the STSM coordinator sends application and approval to Grant Holder & Action Chair.
- Grant Holder sends applicant Grant Letter to sign and return. The STSM should not be started until this letter has been signed and returned.
- STSM is implemented.
- The grantee is required to submit a Scientific Report (3-5 pages) to the Host institution, STSM coordinator and WG leader for approval within 30 days after the end date of the STSM (but no later than on May 17, 2019). The Report should contain:
- STSM title;
- STSM Applicant;
- Working group;
- Purpose of the STSM;
- Description of the work carried out during the STSM;
- Description of the main research results obtained;
- Future collaboration with the Host institution (if applicable);
- Foreseen publications/articles resulting from the STSM;
- Other comments (if any).
- Failure to submit the Scientific Report within 30 days or until May 17, 2019 will effectively cancel the grant.
- The approval of the Scientific Report by the Host institution and WG leader is sent to the STSM coordinator.
- STSM coordinator is responsible for final approval of the Scientific Report and informing the Grant Holder that the STSM has been successfully accomplished.
- After receipt of the approval of the Scientific Report by email from STSM coordinator, the Grant Holder will execute the payment of the grant.