Short Term Scientific Missions (STSM) – 2nd Period
Extra Call for STSMs
We are pleased to announce the extra Call for STSMs with the following
- Deadline for STSM proposal submission: March 14, 2017 (Tuesday),
- Deadline for announcing the decision of the STSM Committee related with the STSM proposals: March 16, 2017 (Thursday),
- STSM period: March 19, 2017 - April 15, 2017
- Recommended length of the STSM: up to 2 weeks
STSM submission procedure is explained below.
Short Term Scientific Missions (STSM) Procedure – 2nd Period
- Giving possibility to Action Members (especially Early Career Investigators - ECIs) to visit other Action Members to fulfill the STSM objective
- Estimated average duration of a single STSM: 8 days
- Max. flat rate reimbursement per STSM per person: 960 EUR (8 x 120 EUR)
- Recommended travel cost per participant: 380 EUR
- Recommended total reimbursement per participant: 1340 EUR
- Estimated number of STSMs offered in the 2nd STSM Period (10 STSMs subject to funds availability)
2nd STSM Period dates:
- Call for STSMs (deadline: February 25, 2017; decision: March 1, 2017)
- STSM period: March 10, 2017 – April, 15, 2017
The general rules of STSMs are defined by the COST regulations and included in COST Vademecum.
STSM Procedure (after Call for STSMs is distributed):
- Obtain the email agreement of the Host institution on the possibility to implement the STSM on a given title and dates.
- Complete the online application form at https://e-services.cost.eu/stsm including: STSM title, dates, applicant’s details and bank details, financial data for travel and subsistence expenses, Workplan Summary (also including planned outcomes).
- Once STSM form is completed, download the form and send as email attachment to Host institution and STSM coordinator (). The email should also include documents such as: CV, list of publications, recommendation letter from Home institution, and agreement of the Host institution on the possibility to implement the STSM.
- STSM coordinator organizes assessment of the STSM proposal together with a leader of the particular WG.
- If approved, the STSM coordinator sends application and approval to Grant Holder & Action Chair.
- Grant Holder sends applicant Grant Letter to sign and return. The STSM should not be started until this letter has been signed and returned.
- STSM is implemented.
- The grantee is required to submit a Scientific Report (3-5 pages) to the Host institution, STSM coordinator and WG leader for approval within 14 days after the end date of the STSM containing:
- STSM title;
- STSM Applicant;
- Working group;
- Purpose of the STSM;
- Description of the work carried out during the STSM;
- Description of the main results obtained;
- Future collaboration with the Host institution (if applicable);
- Foreseen publications/articles resulting from the STSM (if applicable);
- Other comments (if any).
- Failure to submit the Scientific Report within 14 days will effectively cancel the grant.
- The approval of the Scientific Report by the Host institution and WG leader is sent to the STSM coordinator.
- STSM coordinator is responsible for final approval of the Scientific Report and informing the Grant Holder that the STSM has been successfully accomplished.
- After receipt of the approval of the Scientific Report by email from STSM coordinator, the Grant Holder will execute the payment of the grant.
- Grant Holder executes payment to Applicant.
- STSM information and report is published at: http://www.cost-recodis.eu/index.php/stsms
Page 11 of 12