Short Term Scientific Missions (STSM) Procedure – 1st Period
- Giving possibility to Action Members (especially Early Career Investigators - ECIs) to visit other Action Members to fulfil the STSM objective
- Estimated average duration of a single STSM: 8 days
- Max. flat rate reimbursement per STSM per person: 960 EUR (8 x 120 EUR)
- Recommended max. travel cost per participant: 380 EUR
- Recommended max. total reimbursement per participant: 1340 EUR
- Estimated number of STSMs: 25, i.e.:
- 15 STSMs in the first STSM period (3 STSMs for each WG)
- up to 10 STSMs in the second STSM period, subject to funds availability
1st STSM Period dates:
- Call for STSMs (deadline: September 30, 2016; decision: October 10, 2016)
- STSM period: October 16, 2016 – February, 11, 2017
- Extra Call for STSMs (in case of underspent STSM funds): deadline: February 23, 2017, decision: February 27, 2017
- STSM Period: March 1, 2017-April 15, 2017
The general rules of STSMs are defined by the COST regulations and included in COSTVademecum.
STSM Procedure (after Call for STSMs is distributed):
- Obtain the email agreement of the Host institution on the possibility to implement the STSM on a given title and dates.
- Complete the online application form at https://e-services.cost.eu/stsm including: STSM title, dates, applicant’s details and bank details, financial data for travel and subsistence expenses, Workplan Summary (also including planned outcomes).
- Once STSM form is completed, download the form and send as email attachment to Host institution and STSM coordinator. The email should also include documents such as: CV, list of publications, recommendation letter from Home institution, and agreement of the Host institution on the possibility to implement the STSM.
- STSM coordinator organizes assessment of the STSM proposal together with a leader of the particular WG.
- If approved, the STSM coordinator sends application and approval to Grant Holder & Action Chair.
- Grant Holder sends applicant Grant Letter to sign and return. The STSM should not be started until this letter has been signed and returned.
- STSM is implemented.
- The grantee is required to submit a Scientific Report (3-5 pages) to the Host institution, STSM coordinator and WG leader for approval within 14 days after the end date of the STSM containing:
- STSM title;
- STSM Applicant;
- Working group;
- Purpose of the STSM;
- Description of the work carried out during the STSM;
- Description of the main results obtained;
- Future collaboration with the Host institution (if applicable);
- Foreseen publications/articles resulting from the STSM (if applicable);
- Other comments (if any).
- Failure to submit the Scientific Report within 14 days will effectively cancel the grant.
- The approval of the Scientific Report by the Host institution and WG leader is sent to the STSM coordinator.
- STSM coordinator is responsible for final approval of the Scientific Report and informing the Grant Holder that the STSM has been successfully accomplished.
- After receipt of the approval of the Scientific Report by email from STSM coordinator, the Grant Holder will execute the payment of the grant.
- Grant Holder executes payment to Applicant.
- STSM information and report is published at: http://www.cost-recodis.eu/index.php/stsms
Page 12 of 12