Extended Call for Short Term Scientific Missions (STSM) – 5th Period
- Giving possibility to Action Members to visit other Action Members to fulfill the STSM objective
- Estimated average duration of a single STSM: 7-14 days
- Recommended transportation cost per participant: 380 EUR
- Recommended total reimbursement per participant: 1220 (7 days) - 2060 EUR (14 days)
- Estimated number of STSMs offered in the extended Call for STSMs (5th STSM Period): 6 STSMs
5th STSM Period dates:
- Submission Deadline: March 6, 2018
- Acceptance notification deadline: March 9, 2018
- STSM Period: March 11, 2018 - April 21, 2018
The general rules of STSMs are defined by the COST regulations and included in COST Vademecum.
- Obtain a signed letter of support from the Home Institution.
- Obtain written and signed agreement from the Host Institution that the STSM applicant can perform the activities detailed in the STSM work plan on the agreed dates.
- Complete the online application form in the e-COST system at https://e-services.cost.eu/stsm.
In the ‘Motivation and Workplan summary’ section the applicant is required to provide:
- aim & motivation (scientific and/or other motivation for STSM and outcomes he aims to accomplish with the STSM),
- proposed contribution to the scientific objectives of the action,
- techniques or equipment to he may learn to use (if applicable),
- general steps to planned to be used to achieve the intended aim,
- information on the relevant Working Group (what is the RECOIDIS WG your application is related with).
- specific information on the expected results (i.e., a clear set of targeted technical outcomes).
- Upload the supporting documents in the e-COST system:
- letter of support from the Home Institution,
- written agreement from the Host Institution,
- CV (including a list of academic publications).
- STSM coordinator organizes assessment of the STSM proposal together with a leader of the particular WG.
- If the decision is positive, the STSM coordinator approves the STSM in the e-COST system.
- Based on the approval in the e-COST system, the Grant Holder sends the applicant a grant letter to sign and return. The STSM should not be started until this letter has been signed and returned.
- STSM is implemented.
- The grantee is required to submit to the e-COST system a Scientific Report (3-5 pages) and Host approval of the scientific report. The Scientific Report should contain:
- STSM title,
- STSM Applicant,
- Working group,
- Purpose of the STSM,
- Description of the work carried out during the STSM,
- Description of the main results obtained,
- Future collaboration with the Host institution (if applicable),
- Foreseen publications/articles resulting from the STSM (if applicable),
- Other comments (if any).
- The failure to submit the Scientific Report within 30 days will effectively cancel the grant.
- The STSM coordinator together with WG leader evaluates the Scientific Report.
- STSM coordinator is responsible for final approving the Scientific Report in the e-COST system.
- Based on the approval of the Scientific Report visible in the e-COST system, the Grant Holder executes the payment of the grant to Applicant.
- STSM information and report is published at: http://www.cost-recodis.eu/index.php/stsms
Page 8 of 14