Short Term Scientific Missions (STSM) – 3rd Period
Submission Deadline: May 5, 2017
Acceptance notification deadline: May 9, 2017
STSM Period: May 14, 2017 - July 31, 2017
STSM Procedure (3rd Call for STSMs)
- Obtain the email agreement of the Host institution on the possibility to implement the STSM on a given title and dates.
- Complete the online application form at https://e-services.cost.eu/stsm including: STSM title, dates, applicant’s details and bank details, financial data for travel and subsistence expenses, Workplan Summary (also including planned outcomes). In the online application form, provide information on the relevant Working Group (what is the RECOIDIS WG your application is related with). The STSM form should provide specific information on the expected results (i.e., a clear set of targeted technical outcomes).
- Once STSM form is completed, download the form and send as email attachment to Host institution and STSM coordinator (Krzysztof Walkowiak -). The email should also include documents such as: CV, list of publications, recommendation letter from Home institution, and agreement of the Host institution on the possibility to implement the STSM.
- STSM coordinator organizes assessment of the STSM proposal together with a leader of the particular WG.
- If approved, the STSM coordinator sends application and approval to Grant Holder & Action Chair.
- Grant Holder sends applicant Grant Letter to sign and return. The STSM should not be started until this letter has been signed and returned.
- STSM is implemented.
- The grantee is required to submit a Scientific Report (3-5 pages) to the Host institution, STSM coordinator and WG leader for approval within 14 days after the end date of the STSM containing:
- STSM title;
- STSM Applicant;
- Working group;
- Purpose of the STSM;
- Description of the work carried out during the STSM;
- Description of the main research results obtained;
- Future collaboration with the Host institution (if applicable);
- Foreseen publications/articles resulting from the STSM;
- Other comments (if any).
- Failure to submit the Scientific Report within 14 days will effectively cancel the grant.
- The approval of the Scientific Report by the Host institution and WG leader is sent to the STSM coordinator.
- STSM coordinator is responsible for final approval of the Scientific Report and informing the Grant Holder that the STSM has been successfully accomplished.
- After receipt of the approval of the Scientific Report by email from STSM coordinator, the Grant Holder will execute the payment of the grant.
- Grant Holder executes payment to Applicant.
- STSM information and report is published at: http://www.cost-recodis.eu/index.php/stsms
Short Time Scientific Missions of the 2nd Period
STSM period: March 10, 2017 – April 15, 2017
1. Studying and evaluation of optical devices in Free space optical communication system
STSM applicant: Pasha Bekhrad (Austria)
STSM host institution: Optical Communication, Ilmenau, Germany
2. Modeling floating content in a disaster scenario
STSM applicant: Gianluca Rizzo
STSM host institution: University of Iceland, Reykjavik, Iceland
3. Attack Detection and Distributed Forensics in Machine-to-Machine Networks
STSM applicant: Alexey Vinel
STSM host institution: Simula Research Laboratory, Oslo, Norway
4. Implementation of Superconducting Nanowire Single Photon Detector (SNSPD) in terms of single photon detection for laboratory experimental measurements
STSM applicant: Hristo Ivanov
STSM host institution: Single Quantum, Delft, Netherlands
5. Resilience of Optical Wireless telecommunication system on the weather-based disruptions
STSM applicant: Rasa Bruzgiene
STSM host institution: Institute Of Microwave And Photonic Engineering, Graz University Of Technology, Graz, Austria
6. Adding throughput and link usage as metrics to the network robustness simulator
STSM applicant: Sergio Gomez Cosgaya
STSM host institution: Technical University Of Munich, München, Germany
7. Algorithms of resilient routing in advanced scenarios (SDN, VPLS)
STSM applicant: Andrei Gurtov
STSM host institution: Technical University Of Kosice, Kosice, Slovakia
8. Flexible Waveforms for Wireless Communication at Disaster Relief
STSM applicant: Dmitry Petrov
STSM host institution: Halmstad University, School Of Information Technology, Halmstad, Sweden