- Recommended duration of a single STSM: 7 days
- Recommended transportation cost per participant: 380 EUR
- Estimated daily flat rate reimbursement: up to 160 EUR (adjusted appropriately to match the anticipated expenses in the host country)
- Estimated number of STSMs offered: 14 STSMs
- Each STSM proposal should indicate the Working Group it refers to, as well as a detailed research plan and the planned outcomes of the STSM.
- STSM proposals will be evaluated after the STSM submission deadline (i.e., between June 20, 2019, and June 26, 2019) by a committee including the STSM Manager, Leaders and Vice-leaders of the Working Groups, Action Chair, and the Action Co-chair.
10th STSM Period dates:
- Submission Deadline: June 19, 2019
- STSM implementation period: July 01, 2019 - October 30, 2019.
The 10th STSM Call would be in particular focused on STSMs related to:
- preparation of parts of courses of the Training School of RECODIS (Brussels, Dec. 11-12, 2019),
- preparation of chapters of the Action final book,
- hosting the STSM participants by researchers (STSM Hosts) affiliated with telecom operators/network equipment vendors.
The general rules of STSMs are defined by the COST regulations and included in COST Vademecum.
- Obtain the email agreement of the Host institution on the possibility to implement the STSM on a given title and dates.
- Complete the online application form at https://e-services.cost.eu/stsm including: STSM title, dates, applicant’s details and bank details, financial data for travel and subsistence expenses, Workplan Summary (also including planned outcomes). In the online application form, provide information on the relevant Working Group (what is the RECOIDIS WG your application is related with). The STSM form should provide specific information on the expected results (i.e., a clear set of targeted technical outcomes).
While prepering your online application, please observe rules provided in STSM userguide.
- Once STSM form is completed, download the form and send as email attachment to Host institution and STSM coordinator (Krzysztof Walkowiak -). The email should also include the following documents: CV, list of publications, recommendation letter from Home institution, and agreement of the Host institution on the possibility to implement the STSM.
- STSM coordinator organizes the assessment of the STSM proposal together with a committee including (apart from the STSM Manager) also Leaders and Vice-leaders of the Working Groups, Action Chair, and the Action Co-chair.
- If approved, the STSM coordinator sends application and approval to Grant Holder & Action Chair.
- Grant Holder sends applicant Grant Letter to sign and return. The STSM should not be started until this letter has been signed and returned.
- STSM is implemented.
- The grantee is required to submit a Scientific Report (3-5 pages) to the Host institution, STSM coordinator and WG leader for approval within 30 days after the end date of the STSM containing:
- STSM title;
- STSM Applicant;
- Working group;
- Purpose of the STSM;
- Description of the work carried out during the STSM;
- Description of the main research results obtained;
- Future collaboration with the Host institution (if applicable);
- Foreseen publications/articles resulting from the STSM;
- Other comments (if any).
- Failure to submit the Scientific Report within 30 days will effectively cancel the grant.
- The approval of the Scientific Report by the Host institution and WG leader is sent to the STSM coordinator.
- STSM coordinator is responsible for final approval of the Scientific Report and informing the Grant Holder that the STSM has been successfully accomplished.
- After receipt of the approval of the Scientific Report by email from STSM coordinator, the Grant Holder will execute the payment of the grant.
- Grant Holder executes payment to Applicant.
- STSM information and report is published at: http://www.cost-recodis.eu/index.php/stsms