- Recommended duration of a single STSM: 7-10 days
- Recommended transportation cost per participant: 380 EUR
- Estimated daily flat rate reimbursement: up to 160 EUR (adjusted appropriately to match the anticipated expenses in the host country).
- Each STSM proposal should indicate the Working Group it refers to, as well as a detailed research plan and the planned outcomes of the STSM.
- The acceptance notification will be sent up to 3 working days after the individual STSM Proposal submission.
Extended 10th STSM Period dates:
- Submission Deadline: October 12, 2019
- STSM implementation period:
- Start: no sooner than 7 days after submission of an STSM proposal,
- End: no later than October 30, 2019.
The Extended 10th STSM Call is in particular focused on STSMs related to:
- the preparation of materials for the courses scheduled in the program of the RECODIS Training School,
enabling the Action Members who would be the trainers during the Training School to prepare the materials such as presentation slides or software configuration (for the practical parts of the course) jointly with other Action Members involved in a given topic.
During the STSM, a given Action Member approved as a trainer of the RECODIS Training School should be either an STSM Host or an STSM Participant
The general rules of STSMs are defined by the COST regulations and included in COST Vademecum.
- Obtain the email agreement of the Host institution on the possibility to implement the STSM on a given title and dates.
- Complete the online application form at https://e-services.cost.eu/stsm including: STSM title, dates, applicant’s details and bank details, financial data for travel and subsistence expenses, Workplan Summary (also including planned outcomes). In the online application form, provide information on the relevant Working Group (what is the RECOIDIS WG your application is related with). The STSM form should provide specific information on the expected results (i.e., a clear set of targeted technical outcomes).
While prepering your online application, please observe rules provided in STSM userguide.
- Once STSM form is completed, download the form and send as email attachment to Host institution and STSM coordinator (Krzysztof Walkowiak -). The email should also include the following documents: CV, list of publications, recommendation letter from Home institution, and agreement of the Host institution on the possibility to implement the STSM.
- STSM coordinator organizes the assessment of the STSM proposal together with a committee including (apart from the STSM Manager) also Leaders and Vice-leaders of the Working Groups, Action Chair, and the Action Co-chair.
- If approved, the STSM coordinator sends application and approval to Grant Holder & Action Chair.
- Grant Holder sends applicant Grant Letter to sign and return. The STSM should not be started until this letter has been signed and returned.
- STSM is implemented.
- The grantee is required to submit a Scientific Report (3-5 pages) to the Host institution, STSM coordinator and WG leader for approval within 30 days after the end date of the STSM containing:
- STSM title;
- STSM Applicant;
- Working group;
- Purpose of the STSM;
- Description of the work carried out during the STSM;
- Description of the main research results obtained;
- Future collaboration with the Host institution (if applicable);
- Foreseen publications/articles resulting from the STSM;
- Other comments (if any).
- Failure to submit the Scientific Report within 30 days will effectively cancel the grant.
- The approval of the Scientific Report by the Host institution and WG leader is sent to the STSM coordinator.
- STSM coordinator is responsible for final approval of the Scientific Report and informing the Grant Holder that the STSM has been successfully accomplished.
- After receipt of the approval of the Scientific Report by email from STSM coordinator, the Grant Holder will execute the payment of the grant.